Sunday 12 August 2012

Fallenmore by Lucy Swing - Review & Interview

Fallenmore by Lucy Swing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When darkness consumes you; will it be hard to find the light?

After Jade's world was torn apart, she is unsure of where she belongs, if anywhere at all. Deceived by those she trusted the most, she must now accept her fate and the life that lays before her.
The voices are back but this time, they are trying to lure her into the darkness. But could they be telling her the truth? That the only person she has been able to trust since the death of her boyfriend, Avan, is lying to her too? If the voices are right... Could she really trust him?

In Fallenmore, the second book in the Feathermore Trilogy, Jade will embark in a quest through the pits of Hell. The question now is: once she is in, will they ever let her out?


My Review:

I love Lucy Swings writing does that sound to stalkerish lol.....Feathermore was fantastic so I have to say Fallenmore is out of this world fantastic. Lucy's writing has only gotten better, the story line is great, plot well written and love finding out more about Blake.

This is a book you have to get yourself comfortable because if your like me once you start you will not put it down.

Jade is struggling with losing Avan and her parents, then Blake returns and struggling through her trust in him and herself a bond is formed. But guilt, loss and love are big issues to deal with. Can Jade make the right decisions and out of harms way.

Fallenmore is worth every moment of your time, so sit down and read this series. Lucy Swing is already one of my favorite authors and cannot wait for the next book in this series. Lucy ummm do I get to beta read haha.

As for the cliffhanger, OMG Lucy how could you do this to me?

I have rated Fallenmore 5 stars and Lucy Swing 5 stars....so really you should have a 10 star rating.

Now, enjoy the interview!

1. How would you describe Fallenmore?

Fallenmore is the tale of Jade Lovecraft, a newly discovered Angel who has been through the ringer. She has lost too much already and is at the brim of falling over. When darkness and light both seek you, whose side do you take?

2. Which character you had most fun writing?

I love Jade and truly enjoyed the dark side of her!

3. What was your main source of inspiration for the story?

Staying true to my characters. They are my inspiration. Of course, a little music never hurts.

4. What should readers expect from Fallenmore?

A lot of drama, love, sacrifices and darkness. In Jade’s life there is a very thin line between good and evil, and sometimes, it is hard to know who you are fighting for.

5. What books have most influenced your life most?

The Twilight saga was the one to pull me into YA and make me want to write. Without them, I would be oblivious to this whole new world I find myself being a part of.

6. What are your current projects?

Writing the third and last installment in the Feathermore Trilogy. *wipes tear away*

7. Do you see writing as a career?

Definitely. I see it as something that I would love to do for as much time as I possibly can! I want to learn and grow as a writer and keep bringing books of the paranormal to the world.

8.  As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

 Oh, man, there were so many things. I think the first was a teacher, then a vet, a lawyer, a singer, an actress, a writer… I couldn’t make up my mind.

9.  Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

 Not as often as I would like, but when I do, I am filled with excitement. I love reading reviews of people that have thoroughly enjoyed my books and can’t wait for the next one to come out. It’s a humbling and exciting experience.

10.  Where do you hope to take your writing in the future?

 I just want to keep on doing what I am doing. I love writing and being able to create different worlds, different people, it is amazing all that we can do.

11.  What were your feelings when you first saw the cover of the finished product?

 I made the cover of my first book myself, a few times actually. For Fallenmore, I wanted something different, something my Photoshop skills couldn’t work around. So I hired a designer. I told her what I wanted and she delivered beautifully.

12.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in writing your book?

 I learned how much I truly love and enjoy writing. What began like a little project turned into something amazing.

13.  Who designed the covers?

 Feathermore – I did it myself.

 Fallenmore – Najla Qamber.

14.  What was the hardest part of writing your book?

 Losing it and having to re-write it all over again. One thing I’ve learned? Back up your work!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I call this a rave. Tweeted you message, and promise to read the series. Thanks for the review. :-)

    ReplyDelete