Monday 28 April 2014

Question & Answers with K.L. Rose

Questions & Answers with K.L. Rose


1. What made you want to start writing?

When I was in third grade I had an assignment where I had to create a children’s book to share with the first graders in our school. I spent all my time perfecting this story and my teacher actually chose it to be “published” in our school library. That really made me see my love for writing. From that day on, writing became a part of my everyday life, a true release for me.

2. What are you currently working on?

Besides the marketing of Found in You, right now I am writing the second book in the Lost and Found Series called Saved by You. It picks up where Found in You leaves off but is told from the male character Cole’s point of view.

3. Who are some of your inspirations?

In my personal life, my husband and two daughters are true inspirations. Every word I write will be always be for them.

In the writing world, author A.L. Jackson has inspired me. The emotion in her stories is something I strive to achieve in my own writing.

4. How did you get the idea for your latest book?

I don’t think there was that one moment when the light bulb went on and I had the story for Found in You figured out. I really just wanted to introduce a different twist to the contemporary romance genre and explore some life situations that have some type of meaning to me and my loved ones.

5. If your latest book was a movie, which actors would you see playing your main characters?

I always pictured Mila Kunis when I was writing Camryn’s character in the book and Trevor Donovan for Cole. He’s very hot and has surfer written all over him!

6. What is the process of writing a book like?

For me it’s really a release. I am a part time preschool teacher and the rest of my day I am with my four and five year old daughters. So, when I get the opportunity to sit down at night in front of my laptop, I feel like I’ve entered a different world, my own happy place!

7. Is your latest book going to be part of a series? Or are you looking at something completely new for your next book?

I always intended that Found in You would be two books – one from Camryn’s point of view and the second would tell Cole’s story. So I am currently writing Saved by You in Cole’s point of view and it will continue from where Found in You left off. However, it also flashes back to the past so we get a glimpse of the darkness that Cole seems to be running from in the first story.

However, as I was writing Found in You I felt that many of the secondary characters had such strong voices and that they deserved to be heard as well. So I decided to also write a third and fourth book in this series. The third will be about Heidi and Dusty who are introduced in the first one and then the fourth will be Lila’s and Carter’s story. So Cole, Camryn and Gavin aren’t done after the second book. We will be able to see glimpses of them in the final two books as well!!

8. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what kinds of music? Or do you need quiet?


Music definitely inspires my writing. I have even created playlists for both Found in You and Saved by You. I really listen to all types of music, but I have always been drawn to alternative. I love discovering small, unknown bands and watch them rise to the top as people start to hear their music. Imagine Dragons, Zac Brown, and Dave Matthews are all favorites of mine.

9. What is your favorite genre to read/write?

I mostly read contemporary romance, however sometimes I dive into the dystopian world as well. Reading is what gave me the courage to write my own romance novel and I don’t think I ever plan on leaving this genre. My mind seems to always go the happily-ever-after.

10. Can we follow you on social media? Do you have a Facebook page and/or Twitter and website?

Please do follow me on social media!  I love talking to other readers about new books! Here is how you can find me:

            Facebook / Goodreads / Twitter  / Author blog site


 photo PostSiganture_zps405125b1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment